Navigating the complexities of filing for disability can be overwhelming, especially when facing health challenges. At Osterhout Berger Disability Law, we are dedicated to guiding you through this process, as we have thousands of others, ensuring you receive the benefits you rightly deserve.
Understanding Disability Claims
A disability claim is a request for financial support made by individuals who, due to a medical condition, are unable to work. While the government does offer Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, securing disability benefits requires navigating a maze of documentation and scrutiny.
Criteria for Eligibility
To be deemed eligible for SSD benefits:
- Your medical condition(s) must result in limitations that impact your ability to perform work-related functions.
- Your limitations must inhibit you from being able to perform your past jobs or other jobs in the economy as evaluated under Social Security’s rules.
- The limitations from your condition(s) must last for at least a year.
- You must have a qualifying work history where Social Security taxes were paid.
An individual who does not have a qualifying work history may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if income restrictions are met.
The Filing Process
- Initial Application: Comprising submission of medical records, employment history, and relevant personal details.
- Claim Review: Social Security Administration examines the validity of your claim based on medical evidence and employment history.
- Decision: Upon completion of the review, a decision is made. If successful, you start receiving benefits. If not, there’s the option to appeal.
What We Can Do To Win Your Case
Osterhout Berger Disability Law offers dedicated representation for clients seeking Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Having assisted more than 30,000 clients in their quest for benefits, here’s what we offer:
- Keeping You Informed: Clear communication is paramount. Our case managers are always ready to provide updates on your case through various mediums such as text, email, phone, or letter.
- Demystifying the Process: The benefits application can seem daunting. We ensure all your queries are addressed, making the procedure more comprehensible.
- Building Your Case Collaboratively: Medical evidence plays a pivotal role. We’ll consistently remind you to stick to your treatment plan and regularly update us on any medical advancements.
- Gathering Comprehensive Medical Evidence: We meticulously gather and present all pertinent medical evidence, ensuring its submission is on time.
- Prepping for the Hearing: If your claim is denied and being appealed to an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), we conduct detailed preparatory sessions, briefing you on potential questions and highlighting the key aspects of your case.
- Representation on Your Hearing Day: On the day of your hearing, we will be by your side, addressing technical issues, facilitating your testimony, and meticulously questioning any expert witnesses.
- Handling Appeals: If the need arises, we are ready to file your appeal promptly, ensuring your claim processing isn’t unnecessarily delayed.
What You Need to Do to Win Your Case
Your active participation can make a significant difference:
- Stay Accessible: Always be available for any meetings, hearings, or consultations. Timely communication is crucial.
- Medical Adherence: Consistently follow your medical treatment plan. This showcases your commitment to recovery and provides up-to-date medical evidence for your claim.
- Document Everything: Whether it’s a doctor’s visit, a change in medication, or an update on your condition, maintain a log. Every detail can be pivotal.
Why Seek Legal Assistance?
The high rate of initial SSD and SSI claim denials underscores the importance of expert legal representation. From navigating paperwork to arguing appeals, an experienced attorney exponentially increases your odds of a successful claim.
Choose Osterhout Berger Disability Law
Our unparalleled experience spanning over 30,000 disability cases uniquely positions us to provide you with top-tier representation. We’re not just here to assist – we’re here to win. Contact us today and take your first step towards securing the financial support you need.